Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Elder Crawley's Last Week


Yeah so this week was sorta weird again because all the amis that were were able to meet with on a pretty regular basis are no longer calling us back or anything. They have all dropped off the face of the earth! It's really pretty weird... but its ok I guess. Elder Crawley is getting into his very last week as a missionary which is really weird cause he talks about home a lot and that makes me remember home and it feels like so long ago that I was just able to do anything I wanted and stuff, and I also have like 40000 days left on my mission! He almost has less days than I have years! But I am slowly creeping up on my 4th transfer which is crazy cause that means 6 months is gone! 

I feel like I haven't grown at all haha but that's just because I know growth is a slow process and you can't really see it from yourself as well as other people can see it. I have noticed that I can basically say anything I want in French and I am able to talk to members and other people if I sort of know where the conversation is going. My French has come so much farther and scripture study and study has been crazy. I have been able to really focus on LEARNING from the scriptures rather than just being able to read them. 

But that recent convert Gabriel that I was telling you about has texted us and he basically said that he made a huge mistake and that he is never coming back.... sooooo... yeah. that put a damper on the day for sure. And this other recent convert has also asked to break communication with the church at least for a while... so all of our people are literally just dropping off the face of the earth!! like its crazy!! 

Transfers are coming up and everyone thinks they are gonna white wash my equipe and I am gonna be going over by Bordeaux or something like that, but we will see in a few days! I hope I get to stay so I can keep going to the Lepore and Frere Girards houses! That in an of itself is worth staying a few more weeks! haha But yeah not a ton of new contacts and progressing amis or anything but we are still working and trying to get things looking up here in rainy cold wintery Lyon haha. Looks like you guys are having fun! Oh and Elder Crawley's sister just got engaged this past week and she was 16 when he left I just thought that was funny cause she is 1 month older than me and she is already selling her life away just like Katie... haha jk.

Hope everything is going well! Love you all! 

Some school by Confluence

Found a Mexican taco! 



Nous Sommes Charlie




Elder Schettler's current address:
2, rue de Longchamp
69100 Villeurbanne, France

Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France


No comments:

Post a Comment