Monday, January 12, 2015

A New Ami, Chris!


This week has been another one where we haven't really been teaching a whole lot, we just talk to people and a lot of the time people don't really want to talk, but we did find a new ami this week and his name is Chris! He is about 60 and like the biggest smoker I think I have ever met. He smokes about every 15 minutes haha so I literally smell like smoke almost all the time now which is ok, I guess, cause that is how everyone here smells for the most part. haha But yeah we have been teaching him. We gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read it and invited him to come to church but he couldn't come cause he got hit by a bus a few weeks ago so he stayed home and hopefully read the Book of Mormon! haha He has soooooo many books so maybe he will forget and then we will have to do it with him! haha But aside from that we have just been out here talking to people who are willing to talk and my French is ok now! I can express my ideas and everything that I want just fine usually so now it just talking fast and getting a really good accent! haha 

I bought a jacket this week at Soldes it is super stylish! I will show you in a picture next week when I have it in action! I gave myself a haircut! It was the scariest thing I have had to do since being out here I think! I would rather contact 50 people than do that! haha But it looks ok now or at least I think it looks good! 

I didn't get half the pictures you sent but it looks like you guys had a ton of fun! But this week we passed a lot of members and did a lot of 15 minute RDV's so it is always fun to get into people's houses and share a little spiritual thought! And it is fun being with someone who has been on their mission for literally almost 2 years! haha Sometimes its tough cause he talks about home and stuff but then we just go out and try and make his last 3 weeks as a missionary the best that they could possibly be! Our new Mission Pres is going to be Scott Brown look him up! I want to know everything about him! haha He is from Sandy, that's all I know and he is a lawyer :) That's good for me! haha Maybe he will get me into law school!!

Elder Schettler's current address:
2, rue de Longchamp
69100 Villeurbanne, France

Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment