Monday, January 19, 2015

I Love Being Here as a Missionary!


So this week was cool! We had a few days where we were trying to go on exchange with our zone leaders and they kept getting sick so we had to just go out and pass less active people which is always fun I guess! But we also had a lot of fun just taking 40 million buses and figuring out how to get out there and everything! We still have to be sort of careful cause of the terrorist thing but its not that bad down here in Lyon! 

On a sad note we have this golden Recent Convert named Gabriel and he is literally the best member that  have seen in a long time! I was here all the way until his baptism and he has been baptized for a bout a month and he hasn't been to church in 2 weeks and we called him to find out if he was out of town or what and he just said he wasn't coming back! Like he got offended by something that someone said and now he doesn't want to come back!! It doesn't make sense! So we are going to try and see him this week and fix everything, we are going to take him to bishops house for a family night, but really weird how that happens! 

But today we were in Vieux Lyon looking for gifts for Elder Crawley's family and we were in a souvenir shop an this guy started asking about our church cause I guess he has met the missionaries and stuff and so we talked for a little and we ended up getting his number to call him this week! And on the bus this Muslim lady just turns around and like waves at me and I was like ..... um hi.... so I waved back and she beckoned me over and so I went over and she was like, do you remember me? haha and I didn't really but I was yeah totally! I just forgot your name... haha and so she told me and as soon as she did I remembered that we had talked to her way back in November and she hasn't answered or anything since then and she was like super excited to see me and asked where Elder Olsen was and I told her that he is now in Aix but then asked if I had her number and stuff and I was like I still have it so she was like ok when you go back to the US you have to keep it so we can talk haha cause she thought I was going home soon or something. I explained that I was staying and then she was like oh ok well I will call you soon and then we can talk about the church and stuff more. So it was cool to see that you can prepare people and make friends for other missionaries in the future and just leave a good impression with everyone. Anyway that's about it, haha we didn't have a ton of lessons we just talked to crazy drunk people haha and cool Catholic people and crazy people in general and just a whole mix nothing really stood out too much but it is cool to be here in France and I love being here as a missionary :)









Me by a bridge by Bellecour













Me and Elder Crawley decided to get really model status at Buffalo Grill this week for Elder Thompson's birthday!





Stairs at Vieux Lyon










Elder Schettler's current address:
2, rue de Longchamp
69100 Villeurbanne, France

Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment