Monday, October 6, 2014

Mission Motto- DILIGENCE


France has been so crazy that is all I can really say haha§ We spent 12 hours in the London Airport cause we missed our flight due to previous delays. 

I am with Elder Olsen in Confluence which is in Lyon in sectors 3,7,8 of the city and we take the metro and everything. We also are opening a new equipe with my companion so that is fun! Elder Olson is pretty cool and I live with Elder TJ Haws so that is also cool. Maybe we will have to go to some BYU basketball games in a few years. Yeah, they mixed me and Elder Huntsman's name up on everything so I'm starting to wonder if maybe he should have stayed here and I should have gone to Annecy, haha JK. I love the city though we have the nicest apartment in the mission.

I got to go to 2 Ward Councils and an exchange in two days. We don't have any amis or anything cause we are both new here§  People here speak super fast but I am getting the hang of it! The weather is awesome but it is getting cold now and everyone smokes so if I come home smelling like cigarettes that is why! 

My first Sunday was just General Conference so it was easy but I will have to attend my ward this next week! Scary stuff! Pres. Roney is awesome! He is super nice and the motto of this mission is DILIGENCE which couldn't have fit me any better! It is hard to type on French keyboards so yeah, gtg. 

Elder Schettler's current address is:
 2, Rue de Longchamp  
69100 Villeurbanne, France



Elder Schettler looks pretty good after 35 hours of traveling from Provo, UT. Happy to finally arrive in Lyon, France and meet President and Sister Roney.



Group of 25 who all arrived together safe and sound after 12 hour layover in London.



Elder Schettler's first companion, Elder Olsen.


A picture after we ran to catch the bus. 


Here is my new house, JK, I wish. 


Just a cool house I saw by a bus stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment