Monday, October 20, 2014

Beautiful Villeurbanne, France


I can't believe Nate is able to do my trick already! You guys are doing so many fun things without me, but that's ok because I am here in France eating baguettes and cheese! haha. 

We taught 4 lessons this past week and got one ami to church which is pretty good from starting from nothing to begin with! We work so hard here and Elder Haws kicks our butt in basketball and workouts in the morning but it's still all fun! We literally have the most beautiful mission in the world and I am so thankful that I am in a place where the people are all so nice and the food is good! The work hastens but, only after you give it your all and do everything you can, that is when you start to see miracles in your work. I have met really cool people who most the time aren't interested and thats fine but I also meet those really cool people who are willing to listen and that makes it all worth it! 

Me and Elder Olsen, the Canadian guy, have a great relationship and I am stoked that he isn't all apostate like some other Olympus kid's companions! All we really do it tract all day, so yeah, I just walk up to people and half the time they will just talk to me in English because they can tell I barely speak French, haha. 

We are teaching this guy Franck who after our first day wants to get baptized and he has been going to church and reading the LDM for the past few months so we just have to get him to stop smoking but he is the nicest most sincere guy I have ever met. I hope he can have the desire to stop smoking and get baptized. He has tickets to ALL the Olympique Lyonnai games but they all start at 20h so we can't go to any!!!! but there are a few that start at 17h but they are all on Sunday. I almost cried when we had to tell him we couldn't go. 

I love you all and miss you a ton! did you do anything fun besides this trip or what are you going to do fun in the future? 

Love you all!!! à le prochaine

Villeurbanne, France


I took these two pictures today.



Here is the picture of my name tag you asked for. 






Elder Schettler's current address is:
 2, Rue de Longchamp  
69100 Villeurbanne, France
benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment