Monday, October 13, 2014

Living My Mission Right Now!


I live with Elder Haws and he is like famous especially here where everyone is going to BYU after their missions. I am back on the computer now and you are all probably sleeping but that is ok. I just want to send my thanks to you guys for all your prayers and for everything you have had to sacrifice while I have been out here. I have almost been gone for 2 full months and it feels like I just barely left but it also feels like I have been here for sooo long its weird to think I am actually living my mission right now! I have taught two lessons I think which is tough because the goal for a week is 20 but we are literally starting from ground 0 here starting a new equipe and we are white washing the area as well so we are both brand new here. Elder Olsen is an awesome cook and a super good teacher so I got really lucky to be put with him and I got really lucky to stay here in the biggest ville in our entire mission. 

I had to give a talk in church yesterday and that sure was interesting! haha I did pretty well but I messed up and said some English words by accident, but guess what else I had to do.... they made us sing in church and they decided that we should try and do it acapella so we tried and I was so embarrassed for our whole group of 5 people. You all know how bad I am at singing so yeah! 

We had a lot of lessons fall through this week but we had many miracles! One day we realized we were already out of milk and stuff so we decided to go explore and find some stores because we are new we just wandered and we only met one person named Cassandra and Elder Olsen just walks up to her and is just like ' we are missionaries want to know more about God? ' and she said sure and gave us her number, which never happens here in France! She was like so excited and we fixed a lesson for latter so I will let you know how that goes. But I have seen a lot of cool stuff here already and am excited to see even bigger miracles to come! 

I love you all so much! Be safe and send letters and stuff! 

PS the Olympique Lyonnais Stadium is in my sector so I can go to it anytime I want! and I will need some euros to get a cool jersey or something!... haha 


Elder Schettler's current address is:
 2, Rue de Longchamp  
69100 Villeurbanne, France
benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment