Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Still the Same Old Goof!


Yeah well I don't even realize a lot of the cool stuff around me anymore just because I think I am becoming used to living here in France, like the apple juice cartons are normal and they only have like half and half milk here which is weird! haha 

We listened to General Conference in English but I was tired so it sorta sounded like a different language sometimes I guess!! We really just contact people all day trying to find more amis and stuff! We are teaching about 4 lessons a week. We have a new engage named Franck who is super awesome and he has a date of baptism but he can't be baptized because he is really addicted to smoking, so we have been trying to help him stop that and everything. Cassandra didn't come to church last week but we think she will come this next week! We had Stake Conference and it was super long. I only understood Soeur Roney because like me, she doesn't speak really fast or anything! haha. We have a conference with Elder Kearon of the Seventy this Thursday and then transfers are next week so I will find out next Friday!

I haven't met that many weirdos here in France yet though which is surprising I guess! There are a lot of Muslim people and so we have a lot of interesting discussions with them about Jesus and stuff but they are all super nice for most the time! When I talk to people they usually talk to me unless they see my plaque then they get all weird and sometimes just move to another spot on the metro! haha and half the people here think I am German, until I speak to them. My favorite place so far is the Stade de Gerland and the Fourvriere, they are super cool and we will need to come visit them sometime! I haven't done a lot of sight seeing here though but I do know how to get around very well on the metro and bus systems now so I could get us anywhere probably. 

My friends are all over the world and everyone is having different experiences but the thing we have in common is that we all see miracles everyday even though we are so far apart and they are all thanks to the gospel and the blessings we have from our families and this church. It is really cool to see how the same thing can effect so many people for the better! 

Elder Haws keeps my life interesting though we have become really tight and just love to rap battle at night and Elder Olsen films us so I hope you know I am not a total different person haha still the same old goof that left 2 months ago! Elder Berry is Haw's companion and everyone is like 6'2" or bigger, so yeah, I'm the little guy!  But yeah just same old France stuff! I am going shopping today cause I everyone looks at me funny in my American clothes! haha 

Villeurbanne, France


Elder Schettler's current address is:
 2, Rue de Longchamp  
69100 Villeurbanne, France
benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Centre
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon
France

No comments:

Post a Comment