Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 5 at the MTC- Ready to get out of here!


September 23, 2014

I am super ready to get out of here! But I am super not ready to leave my district, teachers and everything else that comes along with the MTC. I have had way more fun, spiritual experiences and heart break here than I ever thought I would have. That talk you sent me, "The Fourth Missionary", was our lesson that we had on Sunday so it was nice to have it written down and not just have to recall it from my memory. We went to the Ogden Temple dedication and it was cool cause there were about 3,000 missionaries there and we sang "Spirit of God" and it was the loudest and coolest hymn I have ever heard in my life. It was super spiritual and I know that music can really invite the spirit like nothing else (besides bearing a testimony).

The French has been coming along I don't remember words in English sometimes so I just use the French word with an English accent and then other times I don't know the word in French so I say what it is in English but with a French accent and it seems to be working out for me so far. 

We got our travel plans and we leave the MTC monday morning at 6:00 am at we have two layovers, one in Chicago and one in London and then I am in France!! It is crazy to think that I am leaving the MTC all ready and probably never coming back. I have seen my friends come and go and finally it is my turn! But I need a few things I need my Nike camo shoes, some of my black jeans, my Quicksilver hat or any other hat, that 501 verb book, either a track phone, or a calling card so I can call you and other people from the airport, a new t-shirt (the black one with the pocket that is Nike) and any notes from people that want to send me some before I have to wait two weeks to get them! But I have enjoyed my time here and I will write you again on Saturday because I get like a mini P-day while I pack and get ready to partir this place. 

Love, 
Elder Schettler


My District is full of models





This is me and Elder Li he speaks 5 languages and he went to Canada speaking French, English and Mandarin. He is awesome!!!




I got a great picture with Elder Cannon (Davis). I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite Elders here at the MTC Elder Cannon, Elder Smith, Elder Li, and Elder Hattaway. It was sad to see them go because they were such good supports but they will do great out in the field. 



This morning we were at the temple and newly wed couple came in to do Sealings (we have to be the children) and she passed out and fell off the alter and it was scary, but I had to try so hard not to laugh. 



We speak French all day so that is cool! Everyday, all day, that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment