Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week Two in the MTC


September 2, 2014
The weeks are starting to go by pretty quick now! It is so weird not being able to be in the "real world". Even seeing cars drive by the temple on Sundays and when we play soccer is like the favorite part of my day! We all get along still so that is sorta different than some of the other districts around here. 

Cafe Rio sounds so good!

We love any kind of food! We are 18-19 year old boys so we aren't too picky. The MTC life is a weird life, but a good one at the same time. I have made some good friends from all over the country and world! I have friends from Taiwan, Guatemala, and Canada. We have a lot of time to study/goof off so that is keeping me a little normal and not going crazy. It's really not that bad once you settle in here and Caleb left yesterday! I was so sad to see a familiar face leave but he will do great out there! 

But Cafe Rio for me and Elder Huntsman would be divine right now, or this week sometime.

There are huge spiritual experiences (like too many to even type). We pray at least 12 times a day, and one experience I want to share with you is that we were talking about Adam-ondi-Ahman because one of the missionaries in my district is a scripture wiz, and I just couldn't help but feel the spirit of Grandpa Doxey soo strong and as I told them about my experiences there. I was so grateful to have his example of service and no doubt in my mind he was there in that room with me bearing testimony that this is where I am supposed to be.

I know how it is to be busy! we have 16 hour days and it is FILLED with stuff i am tired all the time but I am used to it now. Yeah, I like getting letters from Dear Elders! and I just remembered today is Lacy's Birthday!!! Tell Katie to sing happy birthday to her for me. 


My MTC District

Left to right : Elder Beach, Elder Libby, Elder Wells, Elder Thompson, Elder Huntsman, Elder Schettler

No comments:

Post a Comment