Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 4 at the MTC- read Alma 36

Sept. 16, 2014

The weeks go by so slow but  at the same time it also feels like I just wrote you guys! If you passed the field between the hours of 8:15-9:15 the chances are that I was out playing soccer under the lights, but Studio C sounded super fun! This week we taught at the TRC which is where we teach members and the guy we taught was from Toronto and went on his mission in the Congo and that was fun to hear about that a little bit (what i could understand at least).

This morning we were at the temple and newly wed couple came in to do Sealings (we have to be the children) and she passed out and fell off the alter and it was scary, but I had to try so hard not to laugh. Last night I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite elders here at the MTC: Elder Cannon, Elder Smith, Elder Li, and Elder Hattaway. It was sad to see them go because they were such good supports but they will do great out in the field. 

We teach lessons in French everyday and have to speak French for at least 4 hours a day so it is getting a little bit better for me but it is still so hard. There are two kids that are from France and Belgium in our building and they come in to talk to us sometimes and it is so hard to understand them. 

I am not putting on weight either I am 157 right now so that isn't an issue because I have stayed away from the food in the cafeteria. I have your credit card in my wallet and I forgot to give it back so what should I do with that? Tonight there should be an apostle giving the devotional so I am super excited to hear what he has to say! and if you guys will read Alma 36 this week with the family and explain what it means to the littler ones, because that chapter has been huge in my own personal conversion while I have been here and I am much more grateful for everything I have here now. I hope you are doing great in Lake Powell! Love you all!!

Au Prochain 

Elder Schettler

No comments:

Post a Comment