Monday, December 1, 2014

In the World but Not of It


Yeah it is already December! and I haven't even had use of Facebook,Twitter or Instagram for like 3 months and it is the weirdest feeling on earth! I see everyone using their phones all the time and I know now what it means to be in the world and not of it cause I don't really even miss it anymore! Sure, it would be fun to see what all my friends are doing and stuff but that would make things harder here! Elder Olsen and I talk about this all the time, haha... in between me singing him disney songs and stuff like that! 

But yeah it has been a pretty good week! We went to Chalon Sur Saone and spent our Thanksgiving together as a district and that was fun! But we only had 2 heures to eat and talk then we had to go out and be missionaries again because it isn't a holiday in France. We met a couple cool people when I was with Elder Perry on an exchange! Including Elder Perry, cause I didn't really know him before! But yeah, time goes fast here! I am entering my 3rd transfer which is crazy! I got to France and my roommate Elder Berry was in his third and I thought he was so old! Now I realize that it is nothing! I can maybe have a half conversation in French if they don't mumble like a lot of French people do! But yeah, we just keep contacting and trying to find more people to teach cause we haven't had any really solid progressing amis or anything. We continue to have baptisms! We have had 3 in the past 2 weeks here! None of them are for our equipe but they are for the other people here, so that is good! 

This next week I am going to Toulouse with Elder Olsen cause he has to do his legality and stuff down there so I am taking a 5 hour train ride down there. It should be fun or really boring. I'm not sure which it will be yet! It's funny how different people are here in France, just their mannerisms and stuff! There are a lot of Muslim people. They aren't really nice they just sorta yell at you on the metro, which makes me glad that I don't understand everything yet, haha! It makes for interesting stories and stuff. Anyway, it is just the life of a missionary, I guess! But yeah, we are working. Transfers are this coming week so we will see if I stay here in Lyon for Christmas or not! Have you heard about He is the Gift? If not, go look it up!


http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529
http://www.mormon.org/christmas


Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment