Monday, November 24, 2014

Diligence Brings Miracles!


Well we have taught 20 lessons again this week! We taught 9 lessons on Sunday which was awesome because all I have heard that a year ago getting twenty lessons was like something that was never, ever, ever heard of! The good missionaries were getting like 7 lessons a week and we are now starting to see that the numbers are sky rocketing and it has just been really cool to be a part of that! 

Here in this mission we focus a lot on diligence and that is how we have been able to turn around this mission. In the past it has been not a very obedient mission but President Roney has really cracked down and fixed up all the missionaries and has had them buy into the "diligence brings miracles" because when you are doing what you are supposed to, the Lord is going to give you miracles! So really the biggest Christlike attribute is diligence. I haven't been here for very long so thats about all I have really noticed so far it's only been about 8 weeks, so yeah! 

I hope you know chewing gum is against the mission rules ;) haha but yeah it is still really nice here in Lyon, but I need some sweaters and stuff cause it isn't cold enough for my big coat but it is still a little nippy outside! We had a lot of lessons on the street this week and we have made a questionnaire about Noel for the people here in France so they will stop and talk to us! I am thankful for everything that you have done for me and I would just like to share that with you! We have so much to be thankful for but we can't see it unless we step back! 

This week I went on a ton of exchanges so I wasn't with Elder Olsen a lot! I went with a kid who has been here for 2 weeks so I'm sure you can imagine what that was like for me... the big dog leading the pack, haha, it was scary! But we taught our lessons ok even though they were asking about heaven and what happens in the celestial kingdom and like when Jesus will come again and just other crazy questions, like why bad things happen! That's all people here talk about so it wasn't unusual to hear that! 

I also live with Elder Haws and so that is always interesting because he is funny and we just are bros!
We are celebrating Thanksgiving in Chalon with our District so I get to take a train one and a half hours north of Lyon!! haha :)

I miss Lake Powell and I can't even imagine having a whole week to do nothing and relax it is so different than the mission life where you are ALWAYS doing stuff! But I will just work hard now so Lake Powell will be that much more relaxing when I get back!

Elder Schettler's current address:
2, rue de Longchamp
69100 Villeurbanne, France

Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment