Monday, November 17, 2014

Watching New Missionaries Arrive!


This week flew by! It was the first week of the transfer and so it was sorta crazy for the office and we saw all the missionaries passing through Lyon and there is a new group of Blues so I am no longer the youngest group in the mission! haha but we didn't have any changes in our house. We only had one person leave and he is going to Swiss because he is European and we got Elder Sorenson who went to Alta and he is pretty cool! I am glad to hear my Utah Utes are putting the hurt on Stanford and seem to be doing really good! I have been on two transfers with the Zone Leaders and with the office elders this week so I haven't been with Elder Olsen a lot which is sad but the other elders are super good missionaries so it is all ok! 

Elder Erickson got run over by me during Samedi Sportif this week and I felt super bad the soccer ball just was moving so fast and he came out of nowhere! haha He says he was fine but idk.. We also did body shots where is where we box but you cant hit them in the face and of course I got hit right in the jaw by Elder Berry (he isn't very coordinated) haha but its ok cause I was whooping him. haha 

Here in France you meet SOOOO many Muslims from Algeria that is seriously the majority of people that we meet here and they are usually really nice until we start talking about prophets and then they usually start talking really fast and tell us we can't know that and that Mohammed was the last prophet and a bunch of stuff like that! haha  I just started telling people I am from Allemane because everyone just assume I am from America when I start to talk so I get a laugh out of that! haha I only know three words of German so yeah, I have to make sure they also don't speak German! 

This week we had a lot of tombez vous which means they don't show up and we only had about 8 lessons but its ok! and Bishop Lepore got me my package! I am gonna send you my SD card soon! so I am gonna save pictures for a week or two so you have some surprises! 

I am very thankful for you and everything you do! Love you all!! 

Elder Schettler's current address:
2, rue de Longchamp
69100 Villeurbanne, France

Email: benjamin.schettler@myldsmail.net

Mission Home address:
France Lyon Mission
Business Center
59 rue de l'Abondance
69003 Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment